The Germany Package at a Glance
Please note the new condition that the German Working Holiday visa requires Canadians to be fingerprinted in person, at consulate offices.
- Ontario (except the Ottawa region) & Manitoba residents are required to attend the German Consulate for fingerprints in Toronto
- Provinces east of Ontario (QC, NB, NF, etc) and the Ottawa region are required to attend the German Consulate for fingerprints in Ottawa
- Provinces west of Manitoba need to attend the German Consulate for fingerprints in Vancouver.
Eligibility: 18-35 years of age. No student status required
For SWAP Germany and SWAP Austria it is required that you are proficient in German. In order for our partners in Germany and Austria to be able to assist you, you will need to be confident that you can attend a job interview held completely in German. Without this level of language, we do not recommend you choose this program.
Registration Deadline: Apply 6 weeks prior to departure
Repeat Participation: Yes, under certain conditions. Please contact SWAP firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Visa Duration: Any period up to 1 year
$480 with accommodation,
$420 without accommodation
Support Funds: $2,750. What are support funds?
Work visa that entitles participants to work up to 12 months
Two nights at a hostel in Berlin
- Arrival orientation in Berlin hosted by our German partners, College Council. At orientation you will receive tips on securing work, finding accommodation and information on red tape issues
- Hosting centre is equipped with phones, computers, Internet access and fax machine
- College Council provides ongoing support and emergency services for the full duration of your stay
- Tax exemption
- Mail-drop and mail-forwarding services
- Our expert SWAP materials: Electronic Welcome Pack and Final Kit to assist with trip preparation, job and accommodation searches
- Travel, map and tourist materials
How to Register
Registering for SWAP Germany is easy.
You can register online here . Or register in-person by visiting any of these locations. The choice is yours and your travel counsellor and SWAP staff will be there to help you either way.