The UK Package at a Glance
Eligibility: Canadians aged 18-30. No Student Status required.
Registration Deadline: Apply 8 weeks prior to departure
Repeat Participation: No
Visa Duration: Any period up to 2 years
$680 with accommodation
$590 without accommodation
Note: Both prices include the $320 cost of the visa from the British Consulate General. If you already have the visa or a British or EU passport we can deduct the cost of the visa from your fee.
Support Funds: £1800. What are support funds?
- Two year Youth Mobility Scheme (YMS) Visa
- Biometric testing is required to obtain a British Youth Mobility Scheme visa. It can be an intimidating and confusing task but SWAP has you covered! Learn more here.
Two nights' accommodation at a hostel in London (optional)
- Arrival orientation in London hosted by our British partner organization BritBound. The orientation provides vital information; you will receive tips on securing work, finding temporary or permanent accommodation and information on red tape issues
- Hosting centre in central London (Shoreditch)
- 2 nights accommodation (optional)
- Choice of UK bank account
- Free money transfer
- Choice of UK SIM card
- National Insurance Number arranged
- Arrival orientation
- Employment advice and CV forwarding
- Weekly job seminar
- Accommodation advice and assistance
- Access to accommodation and job boards
- Traditional pub lunch with orientation group
- 1 week gym membership
- Entry to local clubs/bars
- Membership to social events club
- Ongoing advice and support
- Free wi fi
- 24 hour emergency support line
- Access to computer/printing facilities
- Electronic Welcome Pack and Final Kit including our handbook, SWAP resources to assist with trip preparation, job and accommodation searches
- Travel, map and tourist materials
How to Register
Registering for SWAP UK is easy.
You can register online here . Or register in-person by visiting any of these locations. The choice is yours and your travel counsellor and SWAP staff will be there to help you either way.